2009年3月9日

Madama Butterfly in HD


Another "Live in HD" operapika21
This time, we saw "Madama Butterfly"

When I read the synopsis, I did not like the story at all. How could the American naval officer got married to Cho-Cho, knowing he would get a real American wife later? I was really mad and I did not understand why this is one of the most famous operas.

After watching it, I saw the misunderstanding of two cultures and understood it was not all that officer's fault...

More than the story itself, I was very impressed how it was produced on state. It was by Anthony Minghella! The production was very unique and original, and artistically beautiful... no word to describe... Using a doll as Cho-cho's baby boy was never heard of, yet the doll was so alive in a playmrgreen.

What a great pieceworship
And how sad that Anthony Minghella passed away a year ago...

0 コメント: