2008年7月27日

Pink Soup

It's getting hot in Michigan, and I am in mood of cooking international lately (just cooked indianmrgreen), I decided to make "pink soup" that I had in Lithuania when I visited my friend some years ago. Pink soup is not the real dish name; I just call that because it's really pink!

Thanks to internet, it was so easy to find the recipe of "Saltibarsciai", meaning cold beet soup. Basically it's beet in butter milk and sour cream. So easy to make. I used less beets than it called for, so it did not get much pink, but it was great to have it in summer!

4 コメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

Wow, the receipe you learned in Lithuania! I am so curious to know how it taste like. Looks great but I don't like beets(one of a few food that I don't like), does this soup taste like beets much?

Lothlorien(ローリエン) さんのコメント...

well, I actually did not get the recipe from Lithuania, I learned the dish! It tasted good, though I only made it once so far...
I usually do not eat beets either, but since I get them from the farm, I had to eat it. Recently I discovered "pickled beets" and they are really good! So easy to make!

匿名 さんのコメント...

Interesting! pickled beets...I'll try that if I run into it :) Great that you are eating food that you get from the farm. Your body is thanking you, I bet!

Lothlorien(ローリエン) さんのコメント...

Yes, getting veggies from the farm is great!! Since I hate to waste any, I'll eat everything and I've discovered great recipes since then!