2008年6月20日

30 days - Animal Rights

I saw this week's "30days" and this time, it was about "Animal Rights". A hunter, who enjoys hunting as sports, enjoys killing and eating animals, is going to live with vegan people who are Animal Rights Activists.
So many times, I hear and read about factory farming and I knew the reality, but seeing their practice on screen was harsh and difficult. A scene such as sick and dying animals at factory farming are dumped at the side of a road; calves dragged by their tails and thrown into a truck... it's torturemad
Not many know the facts like dead animals which were left at the side of a road are actually picked up then mixed with other meat and become hamburgers or cheap ground meat, many animals are chained and kept in a small space for a whole life. How could anyone ignore this reality? No one!
I hope that many see this program and be informed. It was very touchy to see the hunter, who lived as animal rights activist for 30 days, had a real glimpse and had a real bonding with a rescued calf... animals should be treated humanely, no matter what, even when they will be eaten by humansstar

2 コメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

Ignorance is terrible...I feel terrible that I don't know much of these things. I mean, I've heard about these things briefly before but I never knew how terrible the conditions are for animals that are raised to be our food. Of course it's not healthy for us to eat unhealthy meat, but more than anything, I agree with you that animals shouldn't be treated in the way you described here even if they become our food in the end. In the wild life, it's inevitable that we become predetor or food for other spieces (well, unless you are vegitarian or soushoku doubutsu, I mean), but inducing pain and discomfort for other spieces is totally different story.

Lothlorien(ローリエン) さんのコメント...

I agree with you... I really believe that everyone should know how factory farming is practiced. If they know, I really don't think anyone wants to eat those unhealthy stuff. So that's why the industry tries to hide the nasty stuff. After all, we are sort of shutting our eyes from that. We do not want to know the truth perhaps. Not many could actually kill "cows" or "pigs" or "chickens" on our own to eat. We let others to do the dirty jobs and just enjoys the end product... By saying that, I am a bit ashamed that I am eating fish while I am unable to kill them by myself... it's contradicting, maybe?