2009年1月7日

Eating Cloned Animals?

The cloning technology and the ethics always intertwine with each other. No surprising reason for that. The technology is so advanced that someday the scientists could succeed the human cloning, I bet, no matter what people think or believe.

I don't know if this is an ethical question or not, but I just read the online news that the Japanese government may approve of distributing the cloned cows/pigs in the market soon. And I was stunned! Seriously? It's the scientific fact that the cloned animals had weakened immune systems, therefore poor health and a shorter life. Who would want to eat unhealthy cows or pigs? Certainly not me!

I'm not against cloning technology by all means, especially therapeutic cloning (clone tissues and organs for transplants). I believe the cloning technology could be utilized wisely in the future. But somehow, I don't like the idea of consuming cloned animals... sad

Japan to Sell Cloned Beef and Pork This Year

2 コメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

Wow...I really think this is one of these matters where we should ask ourselves "should we or shouldn't we?" rather than "can we or can't we?" There are many things we COULD do but SHOULDN'T do, in my opinion. I personally have a mixed feeling about cloning animals...to me, it's scary to think what this will evolve into, like once we allow people to clone animals, it won't be too long till someone starts cloning human beings...and wouldn't that cause a seriously complicated world? Can we handle all that? But at the same time, if this technology evolves successfully and is utilized properly, it may save us from starvation, etc, as well as being used for therapeutic purposes...

Lothlorien(ローリエン) さんのコメント...

I know. This is becoming more "ethical" question, isn't it? I'm not sure if we could succeed the human cloning in a future. I heard that the scientists have been trying it but no success...
I feel like this is God's (the Supreme's) realm, we should never touch it...