2007年8月28日

Facing Death of Loved Ones

How many people are ready for death of loved ones? Not many, I suppose.
Recently I heard two news of sudden death. Neither of them was someone I knew personally, but someone my friend knew personally.

An uncle of a friend of mine died of lung cancer. He was diagnosed only a couple weeks ago. It was too late to do anything so a doctor sent him home. Two days after he was back home, he died.

Another case is my friend's friend. He died in a motorcycle accident. He was only 21 yrs old.

As a student of eastern philosophy/teachings, I learn that we will be reincarnated over and over until liberation. That means most of the case we will come back to another life again. There is "no birth, no death". Our spirit is not this mind and this body. "Death" only means death of the body, not of our soul or spirit.

I understand this concept very well and there is no argument; but understanding this does not mean I won't be affected by death of loved ones. I'm still attached to someone's body and personality. I know that I'm not supposed to be attached to those because that would make me miserable when they are gone. Nothing in this world is permanent and I know it very well but...

I'm not quite sure how my reaction would change in such a situation later in my life, but I am hoping that I can accept "death of the body" better than now in a future...star

0 コメント: