2007年8月19日

Satsanga - Anger

(The following is my personal note, but everyone is welcome to read..)

Satsanga (Questions and Answers) - Aug.6th
Topic 2: Anger
Reference: Gita verse 62-63

Question: How can I control my anger?
Answer (by Sister ??)

*Anger is very dangerous! it cooks our brain!
*Step back
*Maintain in high consciousness
*Commit to act ->"I can change, I will change.."

*Old native american story:------------------------------

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside all people. He said, "My son, the battle is between two wolves."

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.


The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith. And the two wolves fight each other fiercely for control of the spirit of each person."


The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"


The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."


-----------------------------------------------------------------

*Do not feed your anger!

2 コメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

Thank you for the notes! I took a mental note of the last phrase of this entry. I happen to be working on my temper in the past a few years and have been practicing certain things (it's getting better too, surprisingly!) so it was a very interesting note for me to read. Thanks, Lothlorien!

Lothlorien(ローリエン) さんのコメント...

Tamakichi, I never see you as a person with uncontrollable temper. But once in a while, anyone experiences some anger. I really loved this native indian story. We have to be careful what to feed!!