2007年4月7日

Blissful Hour

There was a 3 hours meditation service on Good Friday at my temple. Meditating for 3 hours sounds intimidating, and it is to me still!

Lately I am having a little doubt about a whole thing, whether or not this path is really for me. I've been struggling to meditate every morning and night... so I was gonna go to a service, but stay only for the 1st hour.

So I went. It was difficult. I had a hard time concentrating in the beginning. Too many voices in my head. Then after an hour, I felt I could go for the second hour, so I stayed. During a second hour, a back of my neck hurt but my voices in the head was quieting down. I used my breath to remove the pain as I learned from a yoga class and it worked!

After all I stayed there for 3 hours. By the end of that meditation, I was feeling very blissful and I did not want it to be ended... I am glad that I went and stayed, otherwise I'd never felt that bliss! I wish I could feel the bliss more often and easily, but everything takes time and practice..

2 コメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

Ops, I just commented on the post you wrote the day before this one, and I guess what I asked you there is already answered/expressed here. I am happy for you that what you are learning in Yoga class linked with what you were trying at the temple and went hand in hand! It must have been an exiting experience for you!

Lothlorien(ローリエン) さんのコメント...

Actually I wasn't expecting to be able to use something I learned from yoga class for meditation. I mean I knew yoga(posture) is done before meditation in general, but I never utilized those techniques for my meditation before. Again, I am so glad that my yoga practice was helpful for my meditation!