2007年4月22日

Happy Earth Day!

Today, 4.22.2007 is the Earth Day!

I went to the botanical garden with my friend today.
They were having a special Earth Day Festival.

The weather was so perfect; it was like the Earth was celebrating this day with us!!
There were educational displays, hands-on activities and face painting for kids, story-telling...
Most of them were for kids, but we just enjoy watching them :)

Here are some photos. This lady is presenting some birds, explaining what they are.
This is an owl (very big, I thought), whose wing was injured by the electric wire so it was rescued.


And this is a beautiful bald eagle.
She does not have a feature of a bald eagle yet, because she is only a baby!
But already so huge. See her wing span!


A perfect shot, isn't it? (taken by my friend :) )

Being in nature on a gorgeous day was a best way to celebrate the Earth Day for sure!

Happy Earth Day, everyone :)

2 コメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

Happy Belated Earth Day! I remember you love birds, so I bet you were very exited to be so close to these Owl and Eagle(and gosh, this is a baby?! Already HUGE though!!)?! Nice weather and a perfect place for an Earth Day!

Lothlorien(ローリエン) さんのコメント...

I like the animal in general, but you are right. I particularly love birds! I think I am envious of them because they have wings that I want, so I can fly!
Anyway it WAS a perfect day and had lots of fun that day :)