2007年4月1日

Reign Over Me

I saw the movie, Reign Over Me, this weekend with my friend. I read the review and it sounded good, the creator of this movie was from Detroit, so to support the local director, I went to the theatre.

The movie was emotionally very painful, and I tried so hard not to cry in the theatre... The story is about a man, Charlie, who lost all of his family by a plane crash on 9/11. His life changed over night, his personality changed, he could not deal with it even now, so he decides to bury all of family memories and his emotions deep inside of him.

It was so painful to see Charlie. He was so helpless, his old friend, Allen, another main character in the movie, tried to help him but Charlie was just not ready to face any emotions. At the same time, Allen was also facing his own crisis but he was unconscious about his own problem...

What I got from this movie was to face the feelings and emotions; there is no way to escape from it no matter what. Facing those might be really painful and hard, but I believe that embracing those feelings and emotions are the only solution. Another message I got from this movie was to communicate openly and honestly as much as possible. And that is something I really need! Sometimes it is very hard for me to communicate freely. I become coward; I do not want to hurt other people; or I am just shy. But nobody will understand me if I do not speak out!!

I was happy with its ending. Over all, I was truly touched and moved. I really liked it very much!

2 コメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

This movie sounds very interesting! I too agree with you that communication is very difficult, especially when one is in a deep turmoil. Truth hurts, but when we lose touch with the truth, we can never live happily. I can't imagine what people like Charlie had to go through after the 9/11. From what you explained, this movie seemed to have depicted Charlie's devastation very well. And at the same time, it seems that it was personally meaningful movie to you. I'm happy that you had came across with such a special movie! And I see that you went to the THEATER with your friend ;)

Lothlorien(ローリエン) さんのコメント...

I was surprised that you understood well what I was trying to say, while I did not give much detail of the movie (in case someone wants to see it later..). "Truth hurts". yes, it does!!! but as you said, if we lose touch with the truth, or lose touch with "self", we are lost forever.. no happiness, no joy... it was a great movie and I am glad that I had a chance to see it.