2007年9月4日

Detroit Jazz Festival

I am not a huge fan of jazz, but I sort of like itflower
Detroit has a huge jazz festival on Labor Day Weekend. I really enjoyed going there last year, so I decided to go there again this year!

Well, one of the reasons that I decided is because I wanted to listen to Rigina Carter, a jazz violinist from Detroit. I have one of her CDs and I like it very much... and the best of all, all events are free of charge!

The weather was fabulous and it was just a perfect day for the event. Loved listening to a live music outsidemrgreen

jazz band↓


Detroit's iconic Renaissance building↓


"Spirit of Detroit"
(7.9m statue in downtown Detroit. In its left hand, the large seated figure holds a gilt bronze sphere emanating rays to symbolize God. In its right hand is a family group symbolizing all human relationships. )

2 コメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

Beautiful sky! Nice jazz music must have went with it perfectly! Your Labor Day weekend was a nice one, Lothlorien :) I sort of like jazz as well, but the biggest difference that I noticed from your story is that the last jazz live I went to (Blue Note Tokyo) costed close to $100, lol. I miss being able to participate in many activities and events with little money. Although, it's getting bit better compared to before, still, everything seems to cost so much more over here.

So, how was Rigina Carter that day?

Lothlorien(ローリエン) さんのコメント...

This year's festival was really great!! Beautiful day too!!
By the way, it cost $100 to listen to jazz?? That's outrageous! But I heard that lots of American jazz performers go to Japan to perform because they get lots of money. I guess they know that Japanese people pay a good money for jazz.. I don't think I can afford listening to jazz in Japan..

When you come to michigan, I will take you out for a jazz club. There are many (my friends know), and it would not cost $100. Maybe 20 at the most.