2007年9月26日

"Who am I?"

More post about the Journey workshop...
I have to write about this so I will not forget (or I can read this over later).

There is another thing which stood out among things we did during a seminar. There is no name for it. I'd just call it "Who Am I" practice. This is a very simple practice, yet it is very empowering (I thought).

Here is the procedure. You close your eyes and your partner sits closely and asks this question very quietly, "Who are you?", after you answer, your partner says "Thank you". Then your partner keeps asking the same question. It could go for a few minutes or even longer.

No answer is wrong. Anything is fine. There is no one to judge your answers. The reason I said it was empowering is because by speaking out who you are, you start acknowledging who you REALLY are, what your soul REALLY is.animated_heart

Many people start with own identification. "I am a husband", "I am a hard worker", "I am a brother", then quickly they pass their superficial identification and start saying "I am light", "I am joy", "I am bliss", "I am god" and so on. And start recognizing that we are really those!

Spoken word has power. The thought itself could still permeate the Universe, but the actual spoken word, that vibration permeates the Universe more, I think. By saying "I am light" or "I am happiness", we assure that we are those and we do become that.star

4 コメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

Thank you for sharing yet another wonderful thing you've learned from the seminor :) I agree that we tend to see ourselves and others by labels and titles, but those labels/titles don't really say much about people when we really take a look at them. It maybe convenient to convey the images, but it is usually only express tiny bits of who we are, if any. It's wonderful that you've learned to see through these book-cover and found the way to acknowledge who you really are and who you really want to be :)

One question. What does that mean by...for example...I am happiness/joy/god?? Not I am happy/joyful, but I am happiness/joy itself, right? What does that mean? Curious...

Lothlorien(ローリエン) さんのコメント...

Tamakichi,I think we ourselves tend to look own self as labels/titles, not only others see us... and that's why when I was younger, I worried about how I looked, the outer appearance, which got nothing to do with my inner self. It is very important to see a real core, if we could..

Regarding your question, you are right. We said "I am happiness" opposed to "I am happy". I don't know why, but I think that we becomes the source of happiness. Everything, happiness, joy, bliss, comes from our inner core. Those are not coming from outside. So that makes I=Happiness. This is not same as "I am happy", which is just stating how I am feeling. By saying "I am happiness", we are acknowledging (affirming) that we are THAT! We are the source of every little thing!

匿名 さんのコメント...

Thank, Lothlorien! So, ya'll weren't just stating how you temporary felt, but you were stating what you are within, the core, the source...I see. They are two completely different things--I am happy and I am happiness--in deed! Thought provoking, Lothlorien!

Lothlorien(ローリエン) さんのコメント...

Definitely those are two different things and I'm glad you understood it. It's kinda hard to explain... I believe that (as I stated before) we are the source of everything. The feelings come from within too...