2007年9月25日

"Eyes are the Window to the Soul"

One of the powerful practices we did at this weekend's workshop was "gazing into someone's eyes" (not in a romantic waymrgreen). As it is said "eyes are the window to the soul", we could perceive the inner core of that person by gazing.

When the facilitator told us that we were doing this practice, I was so reluctant to do so. Honestly I hate the eye contact. I totally believe that eyes are the window to the soul, and I'm always scared by the idea that some stranger looking into my soul.

There is no way that I could run awaysad, so I did the practice with others. Each gaze lasted about 15-20sec and after recognizing each other's soul, we say "Namaste", Sanskrit word meaning "I honor the light within you as you honor the light within me".

After a few people, I started seeing tears in their eyes and in my eyes as well. So beautiful to be able to connect with people in deeper level, a soul level. So amazed how powerful that is!

At the end of the practice, the facilitator said this, "Isn't it beautiful if we do this to ourselves? Every morning after we get up, look the mirror and gaze your eyes and reconnect with the self, with your soul. How powerful that could be!"

I learned so much from this seminar and this practice is one of the top thing that I'd take for myself. It'd be wonderful to reconnect with myself every dayflower

2 コメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

Wonderful, Lothlorien! Since you don't like eye-contact, this exercise must have been perfect for you! I especially loved the part where you guys say Namaste at the end of gazing, rather than leaving your partner feel "peeked".

Although mine is a different process, I also cherish re-connecting with myself on a daily basis. It seems easy but it really is hard (for me, at least!)to be in tuned with ourselves.

So nice that you got the exercise that suit you perfectly out of this seminor!

Lothlorien(ローリエン) さんのコメント...

Tamakichi, it was difficult in the beginning, but truly it was beautiful.
I agree that reconnecting with self is important and it's wonderful that you have your own way to do that on daily basis! I know it's hard, but it's worth it.