2007年12月15日

Christmas Meditation

Today was the annual christmas meditation at my temple. It lasts 6 hrslightbulb
But since there was tons of stuff to do this weekend and the snow storm is coming tomorrow, I decided to do 3 hrs. The actual reason is that I was not sure if I could do 6 hrs of meditation... I've been a bit lazy that I do not go to the temple every Sunday recently...

Anyhow, I did it! 3 hrsthumbsup
It was long, I cannot lie. During the meditation, my mind was everywhere. I was thinking like

"What should I get for my friend for christmas?"

or

"Oh, I have to go to the store to buy more christmas cards"

Also many christmas songs were in my head! (listening to too much musicsad) I was bothered very much in the beginning. But the power of the group meditation is amazing. Also the ambiance at the temple helped a lot. I certainly cannot meditate for 3 hrs in my room alone. Because there were other meditators in a room today, I was able to last that long star

0 コメント: