2007年5月29日

Miss Universe

I happened to watch the Miss Universe last night. I usually don't watch these shows, but decided to tune in since Miss Japan was one of the top 10.

And surprisingly she won the crown! Amazing!
I was truly surprised because I thought americans or latin americans are usually favored in this kind of competition, not a petite figured asian. Miss Japan was a beautiful lady, but more than that, I think she won this crown by her great personality.

The show was somewhat entertaining, but one thing disgusted me very much. While Miss USA was on a stage for the last question, the whole audience was booing (it was held in Mexico City in Mexico). Later I found that those were anti-americans.

The two countries have a tense relation regarding the border control, immigrations and so on. I understand that Mexico was angry toward USA for some issues, but it is just too rude to boo Miss USA. She's done nothing wrong!

I got so angry toward Mexican people, and I would not hesitate to say I don't like Mexico and Mexican people anymore, but if I say things like this to any innocent Mexican people who got nothing to do with these booing, then I am doing what they did... attacking a poor innocent person.

So here, I am just going to say that I really did not like how Mexican treated Miss USA over there. I think they were wrong and rude. I might share my feelings with other Mexican people if I get an opportunity, but I try not to attack.. and try to remember that not all Mexican people hate America..

2 コメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

I couldn't believe Miss Japan won the crown, either! Added to the appearance you mentioned, I thought Japanese would be also bit too researved to compete at these foreign contests, but just like the Japanese girl who won the second place last year, many Japanese nowadays seem to have the skill to present themselves at international contests...

Lothlorien(ローリエン) さんのコメント...

I did not know that the japanese girl won the second place last year.. yes, I guess younger generation has changed a lot. They are not reserved as before. I don't judge this is good or bad, but I love to see the change!