2007年5月31日

The Secret

I just finished reading the book "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne. This book explains "the law of attraction" and how it works. It describes that our thoughts, positive or negative, have certain frequency and it’s sent out to the Universe. Then the Universe attracts all like things that are on the same frequency. Everything sent out returns to the source. To us.

Basically we attract things that we think. Since the Universe cannot distinguish from positive and negative thoughts, if we think about things we don't want, we still attract those things even though we don't want it.

I enjoyed reading this book. The idea was familiar but it reminded me of the importance of thinking positive and believing in self and the Universe.

While I was reading a book, I started experimenting this "law of attraction". On Memorial day weekend, we went for shopping. Because of the holiday weekend, many sales were going on and it was crowded everywhere. So finding a good spot at the parking lot is more difficult than usual. But I used the law of attraction; I believed that I would get a good spot, I visualized it in my mind, I believe make-believe that I'd definately have it. And I did. Twice!

The power of thoughts are strong. You never know what you are attracting to You.

Here is a little note...

Steps of how to use the Secret (excerpt from the book)
  1. Asking the Universe for what you want is your opportunity to get clear about what you want. As you get clear in your mind, you have asked.
  2. Believing involves acting, speaking, and thinking as though you have already received what you’ve asked for. When you emit the frequency of having received it, the law of attraction moves people, events, and circumstances for you to receive.
  3. Receiving involves feeling the way you will feel once your desire has manifested. Feeling good now puts you on the frequency of what you want.

4 コメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

Thanks for the summary of this book, Lothlorien! It's truly inspiring and I decided to keep 1 - 3 in my mind :)

Lothlorien(ローリエン) さんのコメント...

This stuff is really interesting to me. I also got a copy of the DVD and just started watching it. I am very curious how I can really apply these..

匿名 さんのコメント...

オランダのシャビナちゃんも「この本すごくいいんだ!」って言うもんだから「Lothlorienもこの本のことブログに書いてたなぁ」と思って。。。思わず昨日アマゾンで注文してしまった(笑)

Lothlorien(ローリエン) さんのコメント...

珠吉、DVDのコピー持っていたので、言ってくれればコピーを送ったのに。。。(本とDVDの内容は一緒です)
でも本の方が持ち歩けるし、いいかもね!