2007年2月4日

Career or Love?

Every person may ask this question once (or many times) in each life, do I choose a career or love? Is it possible to have both?

Choosing career or love was not even a question in my early 20s. I knew what I wanted to become and I was going for it. Hard. I did not even dream of having love. It did not exist, so to speak. Then time past; I'm in my 30s now and I start thinking about the question. Did I miss the opportunity to have love? Was I focusing on my study and career too much?
I am a career woman; I chose this path and I am satisfied somewhat. But I definitely feel that something is missing... and I am guessing there are other women who are feeling this way...

There are many this kind of questions: love or career, dream job or boring job with big paycheck... these seem to be alternative, either this or that. But that is not true. There is always a way, maybe a middle ground, or ideally have both with minor adjustments. Whenever these questions come up in life, at least I would like to say, "why not both?"

2 コメント:

tamakichi さんのコメント...

I still remember the conversation you and I had in Europe 7yrs ago. You told me, "I honestly can't imagine being married myself, and I really don't want to. I can't see myself being with a guy." I'm so amazed at how we grow over times, and grow into a direction we never even dreamed of just a few years ago... Life really is full of surprises!

I vote for "why not both" as well...lol. It really has to depend on who we choose as our partner though, for it to be possible. It takes two mature persons who can respect partner's wishes and who can be attentive to partner's needs. First goal for me is to be that kind of person myself and the second one is for me to find a guy that's also like that and that's still single. Hard one to tackle...lol. Good luck to both of us, Yogini!

Lothlorien(ローリエン) さんのコメント...

That was 7 yrs ago? wow, time flies!
Yeah, I know that a life is full of surprises. You never say never...
Going through relationships, I painfully understand that it takes two people (for any human relationship) and both have to respect and understand own needs and the other's needs. That balancing act is something I am not so good at...but I am being aware now! It's hard to be in a great relationship sometimes; it takes some practices as well:) Lost relationships were not wastes but were lessons!!