2007年3月15日

Bloggers Etiquette

I read the article about doctor bloggers in yesterday's newspapers. There are several popular blog sites whose authors are doctors, and they are sharing what happened at the hospital, with some photos and patients' information. Many people read these blogs, and now it is getting some attentions.

Doctors are not supposed to disclose any patients' information. But they write about it, anonymously. Is it really OK to write such things? What will happen to patients' privacy?

Doctors are human beings too. They are allowed to have their own opinions. Because they cannot (and shouldn't) talk about it in public, they turn to their blogs. The place where they can express anything.

Personally I do not feel good if my doctors are writing about me. No matter what. Absolutely no photos! And if many people feel that way, they are not able to open up to the doctors, and we would constantly think "Is my doctor going to blog about me?"

Doctors are not the only problem, I think. There is something all bloggers must be aware of.

Recently my friend revealed a secret to me, and after that, asked me if I was going to write about it in my blog. "Absolutely NOT", I said. But unfortunately, talking to bloggers is threatening for some cases. I don't blame my friend. No matter how much my friend trusts me, it is always true that I COULD write about it in my blog and ANYONE can read it.

Being a blogger, I keep giving my friends some sort of threats. They trust me and I know what to write or what NOT to write, but it is possible that sometimes my judgements may not be the same as their judgements. Of course it is safe to stick to my stories, but I am not alone in this life, there are people involved in my life!!

So my conclusion is...
Be conscious and ethical about what I write about, and
Practice a proper etiquette always!

3 コメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

As a blogger myself, I read this with a huge curiousity. I often think about what's and what's not appropriate to put on my blog, too. It was certainly more difficult than I thought to write things on the blog--I am constantly thinking "is it appropriate?" "is it going to offend anyone?" "is it going to harm anyone?"...you know? It was good that your friend asked you about it and that you guys got to talk about it. I basically think we can talk about anything on our blog, but that's of course, as far as it won't harm anyone. We get to sharpen up our considerations for others by blogging, unexpectedly :)

Lothlorien(ローリエン) さんのコメント...

Just a couple days ago, I was going to write about 'St. Patrick's Day' but I decided not to write it because I thought my opinions looked very aggressive and judgemental. I know blogging is one way that I utilize to express my thoughts, but I'm not sure if I could write EVERYTHING! At least I try to acknowledge my thoughts/feelings.. After all, I'm glad that I did not write it because I do not want to be a judgemental person. Maybe there is some other way to resolve this besides letting it out always..

匿名 さんのコメント...

any changes coming ?