2007年3月21日

Troy

I saw the movie "Troy" on DVD last night finally (came out 2 yrs ago?).

I am not a big WAR movie fan, so even though I was interested in history, I did not watch it soon. Anyway I saw it and I liked it.

First thought which came to my mind was that how sad they needed to kill each other, Hector killed Achilles' cousin by accident, so Achilles killed Hector, then Hector's brother Paris killed Achilles... this was like a story of multiple revenges! If one of them stopped this chain of killing, it wouldn't have to be this way.

It was moving to see Achilles' emotional struggle through the movie. Starting as a very emotionless person, almost like he cares nothing in the world, and being a loner. I thought it was very childish of him to join the war for fame. Later I started feeling what he was wanting, peacefulness. Yet he struggled through so much to get that point, the war, revenge, etc... the most memorable and significant scene of all to me was the one which the king of Troy sneaked into Achilles' tent to beg for his son's body. I thought the king's act was the bravest act of all in the movie. Even though there were many duels in the movie, many good fighters.. It was significant because he inspired Achilles, if not inspiration, at least some impact on him; I believe that was Achilles' breakthrough. I did not like this character very much up to this point, but seeing this scene with the king, with the king's dead son's body, I was moved very much, I felt sorry for him, and I felt relieved for him... and I saw there was a huge shift in his actions from this point, which I was happy to see :)

This movie was a war epic movie; there were many great fighting scenes too. But I enjoyed much more seeing characters' emotions, struggles and actions led by those emotions... (I actually fast-forwarded some fighting scenes... bad? well, I don't enjoy watching people killing each other!!!)

0 コメント: