2007年3月11日

Newspaper Ad

My ad was placed in this weekend's newspapers!
So excited to see that finally the permanent residency process is going somewhere..

Here is the newspaper. Ad for my position is in the red box (there is no red box in the actual newspaper). yes, this is sooooo long. It describes everything, job title, job description, working hours, salary.. in detail. I think why the ad is so long is because we do not want anyone to respond to this ad :) If somebody else qualifies for this job, I'll be in big trouble!! So by having a lengthy ad, this is trying to scare other applicants... ←don't know if this is a real reason, but I'd be tired of reading all if I were looking for a job.

I was curious about the job situation in Detroit area, so I looked through other ads, then I found out that MOST OF ADS were for someone who is trying to obtain the permanent residency, just like me! (I am able to distinguish those from a reference number in the ad) So many loooong ads. Probably 80% of ads were there for permanent residency purpose... so funny. Very few ACTUAL job openings in this area... how sad.

Anyway I am excited now. I wonder if there is anyone who is going to apply for this job (a bit worried and curious??)

2 コメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

You know my fingers are crossed for you, real real tight ;) How interesting that the ad posted as a part of the permanent residency process is long like this (and I also agree with your assumption of why it is so long!) and how interesting that 80% of ads posted in Detroit area are posted for this purpose... Well, like you said, the process is finally moving, and I am so happy for you! How long do you have to wait and see if there's any applicant for the position?

Lothlorien(ローリエン) さんのコメント...

thanks tamakichi! yeah, the job situation in Michigan is really bad. The auto industry is not doing well especially nowadays...
The ad was posted only for 3 days, but job opening itself must remain in the job bank for a month. Then we will see what happens. To be determined whether or not they will issue the labor certificate will take at least a few months, then afterward, more months to be actually processed...
But I am very optimistic about this!