2007年3月18日

Fear

I hadn't practiced yoga for past two weeks, but I was able to go yesterday finally! It was Katherine's class. She always gives a little talk in the beginning, and I enjoy listening to her very much.

Yesterday's talk was about 'fear'. What is 'fear'? How is it created?
'Fear' is only created when we do not face IT (Here, 'IT' is whatever we are afraid of), when we put IT aside somewhere, not in front of us. Because there is a gap between 'I' and 'IT', fear is born. 'Fear' is delusion after all. It is something we create in mind...

'Fear' seems to be so real when happened. For example, I hate to speak in front of many people. When I had to do a presentation for over a hundred people, my voice became shaky and I couldn't help it! That was not delusion. That 'fear' was so real!

But when I heard her yesterday that fear was something each created in mind, I didn't doubt that at all. I felt 'fear' in front of people, but others may not. If others are not feeling 'fear' as I was, then definitely 'fear' was only created in my mind! That realization was very eye-opening to me. Of course I think I'd still feel 'fear' sometimes, but maybe next time, I might be able to face the reality a little better, and my fear may be gone then because fear is just delusion...

2 コメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

What you learn in your yoga class is always so interesting, I am always looking forward to your posts on yoga classes!

Fear is a concept, so I agree it's all how we perceive it and how we deal with it. It's so damn hard to reasonably and adequately perceive what's happening and face with it though. Great challenge I hope to overcome in near future :)

Lothlorien(ローリエン) さんのコメント...

Yes, we are always students and we keep learning everyday! Things I learn or recognize in yoga or feldenkrais class is interesting to me, so that's why I am practicing..