2007年10月30日

Planet Aid

Since I got so many old clothes that I was not wearing any more, I decided to give them out. Previously, I gave those to the salvation army (thrift shop), but I decided to go with something else this time (to help other nonprofit organizations).

At the gas station near my house, there is this clothes drop box, said Planet Aid. I always wonder if anyone ever drops clothes or shoes in the box... anyway, I decided to use this. From their web site, it seems a legitimate organization and they help poor people in Africa and Asia.

It does not matter what organization, but donating clothes will reduce the amount of trash, and it can help poor people around the world! Let's donate!

2 コメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

I wish Japan had this, too! What's great about this program, I thought, is that the person who is thinking about donating clothes doesn't have to go through too many steps to make it happen. That's encouraging!

Lothlorien(ローリエン) さんのコメント...

I had no idea that there is no such program in Japan. How come?? Japan is a country which encourages "reusing & recycling". It does not make any sense...