2007年10月3日

Season of Apple

The season of apple has come to Michiganflower
There are many "cider mills" around here, and I just went to one of them during a lunch break today (15min away from workmrgreen).

First visit for a season! (I will probably visit several different cider mills this year, as usual..)
We got a fresh apple cider, fresh donut. Cider & donut are the regular thing everyone gets at the mill.

Sometimes I feel the US is the seasonless regarding foods; they are almost the same through a year. So I love to visit cider mills in fall because this is the only time it's openstar

4 コメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

Cider and donut?! Wow, that's new to me. Coffee and donut is more like it for me, lol. So, how was the fresh cider and donut? Good, I bet!

Can I ask you a really really basic question, Lothlorien? When you say Cider, is it apple juice or is it apple alcohol? Or something else? I've never came across with the word Cider in English and I wasn't sure...cause you know, when we say Cider in Japanese, it means soda...

Lothlorien(ローリエン) さんのコメント...

Yes, Tamakichi, cider and donut are the thing we must have in fall here! I've been to 2 cider mills so far this year, and I found my favorite donut:) Each place has different taste, so I am on this mission to find the best cider and best donut!

When I say cider, I mean "apple cider". and apple cider is different from regular "cider", which is alcohol made of apple. Here in Michigan, people just call apple cider as just "cider". (I never knew cider is actually alcohol:) )

And here is the definition of apple cider:

Apple cider is the name used especially in the United States and parts of Canada for a non-alcoholic beverage produced from apples by a process of pressing. It is more sour and cloudy than conventional apple juice, retaining the tart flavor of the apple pulp which is lost in conventional fruit juice production.

I guess it's only available around the north part of US?

匿名 さんのコメント...

Thanks for the definition, Lothlorien!

Mmmmm, yum. If I get to visit MI at the right season for cider mills, please take me to your most favorite place that has the best donut in your opinion then :)

Lothlorien(ローリエン) さんのコメント...

Tamakichi, if you will be here around the season, I will take you more than 1! You have to try all (or as many as possible ;) )