2007年7月15日

Eventful Weekend

Summer is short in Michigan, so we try to enjoy every moment as much as possible! And that's exactly what I did this weekend.

On Friday night, we went to Kensington park for a free outdoor classical music concert by DSO (Detroit Symphony Orchestra).



Since it was free, there was a big crowd, but we managed to find some spotsmrgreen
From some pop music (theme of ET) to a real classical music, I enjoyed it very much. Listening to music outdoors in nature is probably one of my favorite things to do in summer!

On Saturday, I went to the farm as usual to pick up my share of veggies. It was my first time to dig carrots from a groundsmile It was a lot of fun looking for carrots between so many weeds (because no pesticide).

Today, Sunday, we went to the art fair in Plymouth (town nearby). The weather was perfect.


Besides artists, there was a performer like this as well↓
(this white man does not move at all!)


And I got this necklace↓


Big necklace is my trend right nowanimated_heart
This looks like somewhat native indian stuff and I loved it!

Even though summer is very short here, I love that there are so many events going on around herestar

3 コメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

Cute neckless! I think your kind of outfits and this neckless would really go well together!

Lothlorien(ローリエン) さんのコメント...

Thanks Tamakichi.
You know, I used to NOT to like to wear a big accessory at all. I do not like to get attention from people. But somehow, I am OK now.

A week after buying this necklace, I wore for another event. Many people gave me compliments! And I felt OK. I did not feel uncomfortable getting attention. You know how americans are. They talk to strangers out of nowhere. I am getting used to it, and I think it is so great that they express their opinions so openly! And I hope I can follow them. Not only getting compliments from strangers, I'd love to give strangers my compliment!

匿名 さんのコメント...

Wow! I got exited reading this! Way to go, Lothlorien :)