2007年6月21日

"Cash Cab"

After watching "So You Think You Can Dance" last night, I was flipping a channel (I know, I watch too much TV to kill my time! hahaha). And found an interesting show called "Cash Cab" on Discovery Channel.

It was a game show, but different from a regular one. "Cash Cab" is set on a street of NY. People who catch a cab find out that suddenly they become an instant contestants of the game show! While they take a ride to their destination, a taxi driver (also a game show host) ask questions along the way. Questions start out easy, then gets harder later on. The harder the question, the more money the passengers will get!

I did not care about the questions or the answers (I could not answer any of the questions anyway... terrible contestant!), but I was so amazed to see how the hell this taxi driver (game show host) could manage everything that was going on around him!

First of all, he is a taxi driver. So he drives in this crazy caotic NY streets. While driving, he asks questions, time it (ex. letting contestants know how many seconds are left to answer), if they missed, he tells a correct answer, if they got it right, he tells how much cash they got (he has to count each time!)

Then there are more. There is "Red light challenge", which is offered if a taxi hits a red light and contestants has won at least $200. Then final "Video Bonus Question" at the destination.

This is soooo crazy. I was watching it, wondering if he hits any car or people on a street in any minute...

I can manage to drive ok; I can manage a conversation with others while driving. But doing all of those, while looking for passengers' destination (I suppose this game show host knows the streets of NY so well...), it's a suicide mission to me!

By the way, since it's on Discovery Channel, many questions are educational. I might watch it again...

0 コメント: