2007年6月14日

The Journey

Finally I finished reading a book, "The Journey" by Brandon Bays.
It was a book about how the author overcame her basketball-sized tumor in her belly without a surgery. Her journey of healing began from that point. She healed it by taking care of her past emotional issues...

Going through her own "journey", she developed the method how we could face those internal issues and deal with them.

There is a sayings, "Sickness starts in the mind"(both in English/Japanese), the stress and emotional issues cause our health and we usually don't realize how our bodies get sick by that. But they do. Body and mind are connected.

What I learned from this book is that the forgiveness is a powerful tool and a must tool if we want to live a life freely. And always have a courage to face the reality, no matter how harsh it is. We tend to bury terrible memories/experiences. And it's OK to do that. We may not be ready to face it squarely at that point. But after a while, when we are "ready", then our own healing journey must begin, no matter how small or big...

2 コメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

This book sounds very interesting!

Forgiving myself and forgiving the unforgivable are two most hardest for me, but I agree that forgiveness is a must if we want to be free from the painful memories or feelings we've experienced in the past...

Lothlorien(ローリエン) さんのコメント...

I do the same thing. I thought I was more forgiving (to myself and others as well), but unconsciously, I wasn't forgiving in many times...
Right now, I'm reading another book which is also helpful to free myself from unhealthy thinking and unhappiness which is generated from those thoughts... I will write about it later!